Director of Haiti Missions, Don Rowley
Two types of trips.
We currently conduct two types of trips to Haiti the most popular of the two is the awareness trip. These trips are for those who have never been to a third world country or have never been to Haiti. During the trip we will:
1. Spend time at L'ecole Frere Yvener (pronounced like even-er) in Delmas 32 (The School of Brother Yvener) where we will meet the children and teachers of the school and possibly some of the folks who live in the area. (one or two days)
2. Visit a working medical clinic and school in Croix d'bouquet. A village in the countryside near Port au Prince (one day)
3. Visit The Baptist Haiti Mission. One of the longest running and most effective missions in the south of Haiti.
4. Spend a day at the beach in St. Marc. This is the brighter side of Haiti and we want you to see both the good and the bad. Haiti used to be a great vacation destination and one day it will be again. (one day)
5. On Sunday we will attend church with the Saints in Delmas 32 enjoy a late lunch/dinner at nice fairly upscale restaurant and then return to the guest house to "debrief". We have found that though exciting and educating, trips of this sort can also be stressful for those who are first timers. Lets sit and talk about what we've seen, heard, smelled, tasted and touched throughout the week.
The second type of trip is a working or service trip. These type of trips assume that either we have a project that we need "HANDS" to complete, or that you have chosen something that you as a group would like to do and we agree that it is a viable project to help the ministry or the people of the surrounding community. If you have a project in mind but don't know the cost or the knowledge to get it done we will be glad to help you research and plan.
If you are interested in a trip to Haiti but don't have a group to travel with we will be glad to find a spot for you.
In any of the above cases please feel free to call our office at 443-564-1407 or call Don direct at 443-846-5003 and please leave a message in either case.
We look forward to traveling with you !